Online Abortion Pill
Many have heard of Plan B aka the “Morning After Pill”. Plan C is the abortion pill obtained online, without a doctor, and self-administered at home. This is illegal in most states, including Kentucky. Plan C may seem like an easy solution, but is it? These are things you need to know:
- There is a reason Plan C is illegal in many states. These pills have a “black box” warning, which is the highest level of caution the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) puts on medication.
- Online medications are rarely properly regulated. Ru 486 should be prescribed by a doctor and filled by a pharmacist.
- You need to know the facts about your body and pregnancy before attempting to terminate your pregnancy:
- First, Plan C can be even more dangerous if you are farther along than you realize. Ordering the abortion pill online and waiting for it to be shipped increases your risk of taking the abortion pill too late, making it ineffective. This causes complications or further needed procedures.
- Second, Plan C has no impact on an ectopic pregnancy. A delay in getting help for an ectopic pregnancy can be devastating to the health and well-being of a woman.
- In addition to these concerns, Plan C also has a laundry list of potential side effects to be aware of.
“Our appointments are free, fast, and trusted by countless women in our community.”
An ultrasound by a trained professional is the only way to know for sure how far along you are and if your pregnancy is ectopic. We can help. Schedule now for free.
At Clarity, our registered nurses can also confirm your pregnancy with lab-quality pregnancy testing and provide you with accurate, up-to-date information on all of your options. Our appointments are free, fast, and trusted by countless women in our community.